Wednesday, August 22, 2007
We Filipinos are fond of eating at fastfood chains and most preferably love to cook instant meals, especially noodles. The fact that were in a fast paced society only tells us that we need to blend in with the population. Living in a third world country, such as the Philippines, only shows that an average low class Pinoy citizen would rather buy cheap and easy-to-cook meals, than prefer the usual way of preparing the dish served, which takes a lot of time, money, and effort. Don't you know that cooking instant noodles the 'wrong way' could harm our bodies and health? Ting! No idea?
Well, I got this article from one of my office mate in his blog. It deals with the correct method of cooking instant noodles to prevent additives added in the food's ingredients from becoming toxic.
Here are the correct instructions when cooking your favorite noodles:
1. Boil the noodle in a pot of water.
2. Once the noodle is cooked, take out the noodle, and throw away the water, which contains the wax like substance.
3. Boil another pot of water and place the noodle into the hot boiling pot and then shut the fire.
4. Only at this stage when the fire is off, and while the water is still very hot, that you place the ingredients into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, take out the noodles and add the ingredients and toss it to get dry noodles.
Posted by FERDINAND TAN at 7:15 PM